With the diversity of traditions in this country, there are also many varieties of Indonesian Handicrafts found in various types, styles, materials to make them, and the value of their artwork. Traditional handicrafts with their own uniqueness, each has its own characteristics, native to the archipelago, extending from Sabang to Merauke, Mianas to Rote Island. Indonesian Handicrafts Wholesale is now widely practiced, in order to meet overseas demand for selected original authentic Indonesian original products, organized by Indonesian Buying Agent. There are many types of handicrafts, including souvenirs, all of which are produced and packaged neatly and with quality.
Indonesian Handicrafts are found in many traditional and modern shops, but in order to get the most optimal products, they can directly meet suppliers, original craftsmen at the handicraft center and the diverse handicraft and furniture production. This diversity is due to the large variety of tribes and ethnic in Indonesia, resulting in a large selection of Indonesian Handicraft, where each one has its own uniqueness.
For example, the various styles of batik cloth illustrate the richness of Indonesian culture, because each one displays the unique characteristics and characteristics of each region.
Here are some popular handicrafts original to Indonesian art:
- Textiles. Fabric or cloth craft materials, is one of the main media in the visualization of Indonesian handicraft. Lots of popular products related to this textile are recorded, including Palembang Songket Fabric, Woven ikat Fabric, Sumba, Nusa Tenggara, Javanese Batik Fabric, Bugis Silk Sarong, Gold patterned Prada fabrics from Bali, Sasirangan typical of South Kalimantan, Tapis Fabric, Lampung.
- Jewelry and Handicraft Accessories, unique trinkets with various basic ingredients for various purposes such as Malukan Pearls, Martapura gemstones in Kalimantan, Lombok pearl.
- Wood carving, wood carving handicrafts, are found in almost all parts of the Indonesian archipelago, which are famous among them are the 3-dimensional carving crafts of Jepara Wood Carving, Bali wood carving, Papua primitive carvings, Tautau statue, Toraja.
- Leather puppet shadow (Wayang) including leather puppet made from leather and puppet show, made from wood. Performances using puppets show the distinctive characters of the characters, with traditional carvings there making it unique and valuable.
- The variety of traditional toys and games, requires its own tools or means, where the making and the results are also unique, not found in other areas, including wooden toys, chess sets.
- Traditional art, requires unique visual aids, such as Balinese Mask, Malang Mask, musical instruments such as angklung, gamelan
- Ceramic, as an Indonesian Handicraft, besides having artistic value, can also be used for daily needs.
- Natural fiber, a traditional craft that can be used for daily needs such as bags made from natural fibers, Anjat, rattan-based backpacks from East Kalimantan, Noken bags from Papua, wicker chairs, baskets.
- Ornaments: Yogyakarta Silver Crafts Ornaments, West Sumatra Gadang City Silver Crafts, Balinese carvings, Jepara carving crafts
- Others such as Lombok Pottery, Stone Carving, Bangka Tin, Painting, Calligraphy, traditional weapons from various regions, such as rencong, keris.
Cultural diversity produces a wealth of handicrafts from the archipelago, manifested in the uniqueness of Indonesian Handicrafts. These artistic works are not only in the form of souvenirs, but are also applied to everyday household goods. The material to make them also utilizes original resources, such as materials from wood, bamboo, rattan, grass, fiber and other materials. Looking for the most appropriate source for Indonesia Handicraft is its own preoccupation because it can be done while exploring the natural beauty of Indonesia while recreation and refreshing. Handicraft can also be a sign of remembrance if we have ever explored tourist areas or other interesting places.
The uniqueness of each Indonesian Handicraft is also a symbol of real characteristics, regional symbols, spiritual and visual expressions. The motif chosen also symbolizes the comfort of regional traditions, being able to express identity and unique natural symbols. Interestingly, each region also has its own motif or style for the same type of Indonesian Handicraft.